Thursday 25 September 2008

He's riding hard to catch that herd, but he ain't caught 'em yet

The CPF has been shopping for wedding dresses. (Well, a wedding dress, I would hope she's not planning on a number of costume changes on the day).

Given the course her normal shopping expeditions take, it is more than a little impressive that she has already found a dress she loves and feels comfortable in.

A friend recently thrust her veil into the CPF's hand so she could get an idea how the dress will look once all the extras have been added.

Don't ask me why (or how) but the veil is currently hanging from the ceiling of the spare bedroom.... and it frightens the bejayus out of me everytime I see it.

Its not because of any commitment phobia and I certainly don't have any doubts about marring* the CPF.

Its just that the fucking thing looks like a ghost!

*[Edit:] I will of course be marrying the CPF as opposed to marring her. No commitment phobias you say? Oh Mr Freud, let me help you up - you seem to have slipped

4 comments:

red said...

You might have mentioned it already but I've forgotten. When exactly are you getting married?

Anonymous said...

June 2009 - 10 years to the day since she was mad enough to kiss me!

Anonymous said...

Nothing like a good Marring, especially if you get the weather.

Caro said...

I've had a big white priest's vestment hanging up in the bedroom for ages.

The Italian is in an amateur theatre company, before anyone gets the wrong end of the stick.