Thursday 27 March 2008

I can't stand up for falling down...

Yesterday I managed, at pretty short notice, to book a couple of gigs for next week - both of which will be MC'd by GW, partner in crime for what seems like the last 200 years and immensely successful stand up comedian.

It has been quite a while since I last graced the same bill as GW so I am very much looking forward to them. For exactly the same reason however, I am nervous and apprehensive in equal measure. You see, GW graces the stratosphere of Irish comedy whereas I, generally frequent more humble environs. Obviously I would rather avoid looking like a complete twonk if at all possible but this goes beyond that - way beyond that.

It has been a long time since I was this excited about a gig, this determined to nail the performance(s). Preparations will begin well in advance I feel. Now maybe?

  • Half decent material - check!
  • Visualisation techniques - hmmmm.
  • Positive mental attitude - errrr..... check!.... no wait... maybe... errrr...
  • Motivational mantra - you wha' Gay?
Oh sod it.. maybe I'll just pick 10 minutes of material, learn it and then practice it repeatedly.

... and listen to 'No One Knows' immediately before hand. No idea why, but it always seems to do the trick.

No comments: