Friday 25 January 2008

Wonderful Tonight

It's late in the evening; she's wondering what clothes to wear.
She puts on her make-up and brushes her long blonde hair.
And then she asks me, "Do I look all right?"
And I say....

Grand.

Come on would ya.

What you have on is fine..... oh ok, the blue ones.

Why do you always take so long?

You were in the shower before me and had just finished drying your hair again I got in.

We're going to be late again - we're never late when we're going to see your parents....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh. Written from bitter experience.

The Bad Ambassador said...

Not at all. The close personal friend generally has very reasonable getting-ready-to-go-out times.

I was reading Eric Clapton's biography yesterday evening and I figured that was what he really meant.

He probably changed it to "My darling, you look wonderful tonight" when he couldn't make their actual conversation fit the verse.

Anonymous said...

I have a crazy ass friend that got so sick and tired of her husband nagging about how long it took for her to get ready, she shaved her head. Solved his problem.