Thursday 17 January 2008

I know a song that'll get on your nerves...

T-man, was just humming something that reminded me of that classic, and not at all corny, Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton duet "Islands In The Stream".

Now it is lodged in my head with the apparent permanence of an unwelcome party guest.

So, I have decided to send the lyrics of the chorus to the close personal friend and a few other people to see
a) if i can spread the misery (Update: yes, most definitely)
b) how long it takes before I get an abusive text in return. (Update: 22 minutes)

Islands in the stream, that is what we are.
No one in between, how can we be wrong.
Sail away with me, to another world
and we rely on each other, uh huh
from one lover to another, uh huh

Go on. Sing it! you know you want to.

8 comments:

Stonedog said...

Damn you.

Cycles Goff said...

I'm unsubscribing if you pull any more shit like this.

Though I'm interested to learn that the lyric is not 'and we lie to each other, uh huh.' as I had believed.

Still, no more of this.

The Bad Ambassador said...

Ahhh the old misheard song lyrics.

Mammy Ambassador is great for those.

She also used to listen to The Voyage by Christy Moore and thought it was about an actual yo-ho-ho-and-a-bottle-of-rum voyage.

Caro said...

I used to think it was "Money for nothing and the chips for free". Mmmm chips...

As for Dolly "NNNNNNNAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaa not listening, HHHHHmmmmmmmmmmm hhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm can't hear you, lallllllllaaaaaaaa"

Anonymous said...

You utter b*strad, BA

Megan McGurk said...

Worst lyrics evah:
Billy Ocean's "get out of my dreams... and into my car."
Blech.

The Bad Ambassador said...

I don't know about that medbh.... there's always All Saints's "Never Ever" ...


Vexing vocabulary runs right through me
The alphabet runs right from A to Z

or Des'ree's "Life" ...

I’m afraid of the dark,
‘specially when I’m in a park
And there’s no-one else around,
Ooh, I get the shivers.
I don’t want to see a ghost,
It’s a sight that I fear most.
I’d rather have a piece of toast
and watch the evenings news.

fatmammycat said...

hah, bad but no dice! Plus I sort of love Dolly. I'd humming Jolene if I wasn't infested with GA.