Monday 10 November 2008

My friend works for the national health...

Dr. S and I were already in situ on 2 barstools in Neary's on Saturday evening when GW, coat collar pulled up against the night, and the ever charming P arrived.

About 2 weeks ago GW decided to begin cultivating a beard. When Dr. S and I had seen him the previous week he was sporting about 10 days growth and looked like a man who might at any moment form a Republic of Loose tribute band (or whip a bottle of Buckfast from beneath his coat).


Dr. S, an easily excitable type at the best of times, was clearly amazed at the development of GW's facial hair. Stopping just short of stroking it lovingly he marvelled at its virile bushiness.

"Wow!" he gasped (with the amazement of a child who has just had a €2 coin extracted from their ear), "its gotten so long and bushy. Its much thicker than when we last saw it".

"Did they not teach you this stuff in medical school?" asked GW "or were you just sick that day?"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to admit beards fascinate me too. Mine when grown is three different colours, red black and blond. I look like, well a mentaler. I envy the monochrome beard wearer.

The Bad Ambassador said...

Mine would be a splendid ginger hue. As I've said before however, although FatMammtCat may strongly disagree, I firmly believe one should never have more ginger hair on display than is absolutely necessary.

Anonymous said...

Mine is also a worrying shade of ginger when let loose from the confines of my razor, which is pretty much every other week (im an extremely lazy shaver). Sorry BA, I've let you down...

The Bad Ambassador said...

Let me down? How?

Anonymous said...

BA: I occasionally have 'more ginger hair on display than is strictly necesary'.

Anonymous said...

I feel less bad about my ginger flashes in mine. The strange thing is that even though it's mostly dark, bit of ginge, lot of grey, it's all darker than my swiftly greying actual hair. Thus making me look slightly like a wonky "Just For Men" commercial.