Wednesday 7 January 2009

A cloudy day in metropolis...

Play.com delivered A Pocketful of Kryptonite* yesterday.

Cool, what are you going to do with that?

What do you mean - what am I going to do with it? I'm going to listen to it.

Huh?

Its an album from the early 90s....

[blank expression]

...by the Spin Doctors?...

[blank expression]

...They sing 'Two Princes'?

Ahhh! Now that makes much more sense than a lump of rock with the potential to seriously damage Superman's health!

Indeed..... You know, if Play.com DID sell Kryptonite, I don't think they would sell it by the "pocketful". You'd probably have to buy it by the kilo. At least until the "pocketful" is adopted as a recognised SI unit of measure. I mean, not all pockets are the same size are they?

Good point.

* I used to have a copy of this on cassette back in the day - and I'm not ashamed to admit a crippling addiction to its funky goodness. When browsing play.com before Christmas I saw a CD copy for just €7. At that price Little Miss Can't Be Wrong.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's some sick and twisted shit right there. Not quite as bonkers as frozen eyelashes, but reminds me of an episode of Sarah Silverman Show where Brian's boyfriend finds out that the only tune on his metal-worshipping partner's i-pod (to which he 'rocks out' to all the time) is Two Princes. Freaky.

P.S. 'It also ranked at #21 on Blender magazine's list of the "50 Worst Songs Ever."' [I felt filthy just researching that - time for a shower.]

Rosie said...

that album was the first CD i ever bought. and i love it still.

Anonymous said...

hehe I bought that on tape too way back when...lordy the memories...