Friday 7 December 2007

Katy French

They say only 2 things in life are certain - death and taxes. Yet, despite their inevitability, both have the potential to hit us hard - paricularly when they arrive announced. One of the saddest, most heart wrenching things in the world is when a parent has to bury their child and I wouldn't wish that on anybody.

While I don't particularly fear death, I tend to think about it more than is probably normal for somebody my age. I'm not worried about when it will come or how I will go. Instead I tend to ruminate on the words of Jim Morrison...

The program for this evening is not new
You've seen this entertainment through and through
You've seen your birth your life and death
you might recall all of the rest
Did you have a good world when you died?
Enough to base a movie on?

When I eventually leave this world I don't want to do so tugging at the sleeve of the grim reaper, crying "But I'm not ready - I still haven't done this".

"Enough to base a movie on?" - that's quite the yardstick!

5 comments:

Stonedog said...

"Enough to base a movie on?"

Nowhere near and I'm yet to decide what type of movie I'd like it to be.

Megan McGurk said...

I've been asked the "who would you want to play you in the film of your life" question a few times and I honestly have no idea.

Stonedog said...

Kathy Burke would play me !!

Caro said...

Does it have to be a movie that someone would actually want to go and watch?

The Bad Ambassador said...

Nah, I think a movie that somebody would want to make would be sufficient.

(Of course it wouldn't really count if that "somebody" was a close friend or relative - especially if they were honouring your dying wish)